[SR-Users] Help with SIP over Websocket audio call: 405 Method Not Allowed

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Fri Mar 29 03:26:24 CET 2013

Hello,

In SIP you can put an Allow: header in REGISTER requests to say which
methods the registering end-point is capable of receiving.

If you get a -2 returned from lookup() it means that the method for the
request (in this case INVITE) was not in the "Allow:" header in the
REGISTER.

You can check this by looking at the REGISTER request in a trace and by
inspecting the location records stored in Kamailio (use the ul.dump
command in kamctl for this).

You can disable method filtering in the Kamailio registrar module by
ensuring that the "method_filtering" modparam is set to 0 (or just not set
at all as disabled is the default).  Doing this should prevent lookup()
ever returning -2.

Regards,

Peter

> Hi,
>
> New to Kamailio.  I have my Kamailio 4.0 server with websocket support,
> and
> the users can register using the JsSIP Tryit sample WebRTC application.
>  They can do 'chat' feature of JsSIP Tryit using kamailio 4.0 sip over
> websockets module.
>
> However, after registration, the users can't place an audio call.  I see
> no
> ringing on the remote browser.  Can anyone help with clues or debug?  In
> Debug log I can see the websocket ws_frame.c decode the websocket message
> into SIP, and I see normal SIP call flow for an INVITE.  However, nothing
> indicating a call.
>
> I ran 'ngrep -p -w -W byline port 8888' (WS port) and see that I'm getting
> an error response to browser UA of "405:  Method Not Allowed".  I've
> isolated it down to the this snippet in the kamailio.cfg for
> route[LOCATION]:
>
>         $avp(oexten) = $rU;
>         if (!lookup("location")) {
>                 $var(rc) = $rc;
>                 route(TOVOICEMAIL);
>                 t_newtran();
>                 switch ($var(rc)) {
>                         case -1:
>                         case -3:
>                                 send_reply("404", "Not Found");
>                                 exit;
>                         case -2:
>                                 send_reply("405", "TEST:  Method Not
> Allowed");
>                                 exit;
>                 }
>         }
>

> The switch case is returning -2, for some reason.
>
> Any help in debugging this appreciated.

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director
Crocodile RCS Ltd