[SR-Users] Acknowlidging BYE in advance using t_reply

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 13:54:11 CET 2013

Hello,

On 3/15/13 11:32 AM, Efelin Novak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask you whether it is a good idea to acknowledge a BYE
> message in advance using t_reply("200", "OK") on my border proxy. Not
> acknowledged BYE messages by clients cause me problems in the middle
> of my network.
>
> Is there any problem with this behavior from Kamailio side, from
> script side or from SIP side? Do you have any experience with such
> logic manipulation? I am aware that this is not a proxy function, but
> it would solve many problems.
if it solves your problems and do not bring other, then you are set, go
for it. This is one of the benefits using open source and open
configuration files (in other terms open boxes vs black boxes).

> My script is as follows:
>
> if (loose_route()) {
>     if (is_method("BYE")) {
>           setflag(1); # do accounting ...
>           t_newtran();
>           t_reply("200", "OK");
>        }
>     route(RELAY);
> }
>
> My test shows that 200 OK from client are absorbed. Also if there is
> no reply from a client, Kamailio does not generate 408 Request
> Timeout.
Do you want the 408 to be generated?

Do you need the local generated 200 ok for own accounting or for the
sender of the BYE?