[SR-Users] Acknowlidging BYE in advance using t_reply

Efelin Novak efelin.novak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 11:32:34 CET 2013

Hi,

I'd like to ask you whether it is a good idea to acknowledge a BYE
message in advance using t_reply("200", "OK") on my border proxy. Not
acknowledged BYE messages by clients cause me problems in the middle
of my network.

Is there any problem with this behavior from Kamailio side, from
script side or from SIP side? Do you have any experience with such
logic manipulation? I am aware that this is not a proxy function, but
it would solve many problems.

My script is as follows:

if (loose_route()) {
   if (is_method("BYE")) {
         setflag(1); # do accounting ...
         t_newtran();
         t_reply("200", "OK");
      }
   route(RELAY);
}

My test shows that 200 OK from client are absorbed. Also if there is
no reply from a client, Kamailio does not generate 408 Request
Timeout.

I'm using older version kamailio 3.1.0 (i386/linux) 21a375.

Thanks for an advice

Efelin