[SR-Users] Kamailio with PostgreSQL as persistence

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Mar 13 17:20:29 CET 2013

13 mar 2013 kl. 17:13 skrev Hoai-Anh Ngo-Vi <hngovi.hanv at googlemail.com>:

> Dears,
>
> I have tried out Kamailio 3.3.4 with PostgreSQL as persistence but it does not work.
>
> make FLAVOUR=kamailio include_modules="db_postgres" cfg
>
> was OK. I found /usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/db_postgres.so after installation.
>
> I have successfully set up database openser using /usr/local/sbin/kamdbctl create with DBENGINE=PGSQL in /usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamctlrc.
>
> I have edited /usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg with:
>
> #!define WITH_PGSQL
> #!define WITH_AUTH
> #!define WITH_USRLOCDB
>
> #!ifdef WITH_PGSQL
> #!define DBURL "postgres://openser/openserrw@localhost:5432/openser"
> #!endif
> #!ifdef WITH_PGSQL
> loadmodule "db_postgres.so"
> #!endif
>
> Run /etc/init.d/kamailio start|debug I got
> Listening on
>
> kamailio error, failed to start.
>
> Does someone know some hints or have a working example?
>
> When I comment out the first 3 define kamailio starts fine.

Here's a few things you can do
- Check the log files. Kamailio logs to syslog, so it can be /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog or something else.
- Run kamailio with "-c" to check your configuration files before you start. Now some database problems are not
  syntax errors, but connections issues (authorization). Those will only be seen when you actually start kamailio.
- Check the debug option in kamailio to raise the level. It helps with database issues
- Turn on logging to stderr in the core configuration file to get logging to your console for debugging.

Good luck hunting!

/O