[SR-Users] Kamailio MySQL DB Creation

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Mar 12 09:26:17 CET 2013

Hello Amr,

somehow the datatype default value that is used in the msilo table is not understood by your mysql server. Can you specify the version of the mysql? Maybe they changed something which is not compatible with the old ones.

Best regards,

Henning

Thanks for your quick reply. You're right it's shell but got this

MySQL password for root:
INFO: test server charset
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
INFO: creating database kamailio ...
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
INFO: granting privileges to database kamailio ...
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
INFO: creating standard tables into kamailio ...
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 1101 (42000) at line 2: BLOB/TEXT column 'body' can't have a default value
ERROR: Creating core tables failed at msilo!

I've followed wiki installation for Kamailio git 4.0

There is something I couldn't do you said in the wiki

If you changed the password for the 'kamailio' user of MySQL, you have to update the value for 'db_url' parameters.

In Fact I couldn't change it because I don't know what to put if I've change the db password @ kamdbctl

Thanks,
Amr