[SR-Users] Regarding Instant messaging using TCP on Kamailio 3.3

Sunil Chandrasekharan sunil.kainat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 13:47:37 CEST 2013

Hi All

Today i could find some information from the logs.
When i tested the command :

sudo kamcmd core.tcp_list

I get 2 connection ( with 2 users regitred with TCP)

But when i try to send message from User 2 to User 1, i see that 1 more
connection is added.
But here the port is confusing. becuase the other 2 tcp connection shows
the rport of the users. But with the 3rd connection the port is shown as
5060..

I feel Kamailio is adding a new TCP connection instead of using the
existing connection between the client and Kamailio with the rport number.

I read that we can use (force_rport()) , but i could not understand how to
use it . Alo when i gave

force_rport=yes inside the global parameter of Kamaili.cfg file, i still
face the same issue.

This issue exists even when User 2 try to call/IM to User 1.

my laptop is User 1. But i can send IM/Call User 2 succeessfully. I dont
understand how my machine can send IM/call successfully, and why no other
user can do the same?

Kindly support me