[SR-Users] short name in syslog

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 15:41:09 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 6/19/13 3:30 PM, Victor V. Kustov wrote:
> Hello, Daniel-Constantin!
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> what is it fixing actually?
> it fix long name of daemon in syslog.
>
> /usr/local/sbin/kamailio => kamailio
>
> full path doesnot needed in logs.
actually it is useful when having more installations on custom paths,
all running. like:

/usr/local/kamailio-lb/sbin/kamailio
/usr/local/kamailio-proxy/sbin/kamailio

If you want just the short name, you can set log_name="kamailio".

>> Was there an end of line?
> sorry?
In your first email you pasted two different WARNING messages, saying it
is fixing something to them. At first sight I thought is some missing or
extra eol.

>> Is basename portable?
> yes, i check it
>
>> Because I see requires a new header to be included, if not maybe we can implement the function by ourselves to
>> fix what should be fixed.
> #grep libgen *.c
> cfg_parser.c:#include <libgen.h>  --already use
> main.c:#include <libgen.h>        --my fix
> ut.c:#include <libgen.h>	  --already use
OK, but again, I don't think the patch is needed, log_name parameter was
added to have custom log names, so you can set it to basename.