[SR-Users] Regarding Instant messaging using TCP on Kamailio 3.3

Sunil Chandrasekharan sunil.kainat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 11:10:34 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I have set up Kamailio 3.3 on Ubuntu machine.I created two user test 1 and
test 2.
I could use Presence and also i was able to register to Kamailio server and
exchange presence status with each other.

Details- I used TCP protocol .

testing methods - Linphone, a sample application.

I am able to register succesfully with (TCP) on to kamailio server using
Lin phone and sample application.
I am able to update presence status of the users.

Issue :

When i try to send messages between two users ( using TCP )

1. from Sample application, when i try to send message, i get 420
temporarily Unavailable error from server.
2. from Lin phone 3.5.2, i was able to send messages ( sue TCP) but when
the other user try to reply back , i get same error

480 Temporarily Unavailable. error from server.

I want a support to understand why i get error while sending messages with
TCP via Kamailio server.

I am able to succeesfully send and receive messages when i use UDP from my
sample application and Lin phone.

regards
Sunil C