[SR-Users] automatic call termination when websocket connection is closed

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Jun 13 12:13:08 CEST 2013

Hello,

I think the only way to do this would be to use the dialog module.
 However, as far as I know the appropriate dialog function (dlg_bye) needs
to be run from a route where the SIP message is within the dialog in
question.

In other words, there is no way you could run this from
event_route[websocket:closed] because even if you were able to to store the
information required to identify the (potentially multiple dialogs)
relating to the WebSocket connection (perhaps in a hash-table) you can't
actually do anything with these dialogs from there.

If this really is a requirement I suspect you're going to need to make some
enhancements to the dialog module.  Alternatively, you can take advantage
of the GRUU and outbound support in Kamailio git master which should allow
calls to survive WebSocket connection close and re-establishment.

Regards,

Peter

On 13 June 2013 10:58, Iwan Budi Kusnanto <ibk at labhijau.net> wrote:

> Related to 'Doing automatic unregister when a WEBSOCKET connection is
> closed' thread.
>
> http://sip-router.1086192.n5.nabble.com/Doing-automatic-unregister-when-a-WEBSOCKET-connection-is-closed-td118083.html
>
> Any hint to implement automatic call termination when websocket
> connection is closed?
>
> Some of my ideas:
> 1. send BYE message from UAC module. Looks like it is an unnecessary
> complex & dirty solution.
> 2. Utilizing dialog module, but i'm not sure if dialog module can be
> used to implement this.
>
> Any better idea?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --