[SR-Users] Kamailio 4.0.2 as a new Port for FreeBSD

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 20:51:15 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 7/23/13 1:31 AM, Oliver Mahmoudi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently working on porting Kamailio 4.0.2 to the
> FreeBSD ports collection: /usr/ports, and I just have a
> few general questions regarding compilation with regard
> to the extra modules.
>
> There are 172 modules that come with Kamailio, and most,
> however not all of them are compiled by default:
>
> # gmake all
>
> The base server and the base modules compile fine on
> my 9.1 release.
>
> To really compile all of the 172 modules, Kamailio_4_0_2/INSTALL
> says that the following external libraries (LIB_DEPENDS I assume)
> are needed:
>
> /usr/ports/databases/mysql-client-*
> /usr/ports/databases/postgresql-libpqxx
> /usr/ports/textproc/expat2
> /usr/ports/textproc/libxml2
> /usr/ports/net/radiusclient
>
> This is put down as information for FreeBSD 5.4. Does that still hold
> current for 9.1?
>
> Is there an exhaustive list of all the modules that the all target
> does/does not compile and - apart from mysql, postgresql - which of the
> extra modules require which libraries?
>
> I would set compile time options accordingly.
>
> This would greatly facilitate my work!
one file to look in is Makefile.groups, there you will see lists with
modules organized by common dependencies. In debian, the packages are
generated for each module_group_k... Each such group includes a list of
modules defined in the same file.

There are some comments giving hints about dependecies, but a better
place is to look in the README of the module, where is a dedicated
section for such details.

We had some ports done long time ago, you find them in sources
pkg/kamailio/.If you get up to date version, we can replace the old one
in our repository as well.