[SR-Users] Kamailio 4.0.2 as a new Port for FreeBSD

Oliver Mahmoudi olivermahmoudi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 01:31:26 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am currently working on porting Kamailio 4.0.2 to the
FreeBSD ports collection: /usr/ports, and I just have a
few general questions regarding compilation with regard
to the extra modules.

There are 172 modules that come with Kamailio, and most,
however not all of them are compiled by default:

# gmake all

The base server and the base modules compile fine on
my 9.1 release.

To really compile all of the 172 modules, Kamailio_4_0_2/INSTALL
says that the following external libraries (LIB_DEPENDS I assume)
are needed:

/usr/ports/databases/mysql-client-*
/usr/ports/databases/postgresql-libpqxx
/usr/ports/textproc/expat2
/usr/ports/textproc/libxml2
/usr/ports/net/radiusclient

This is put down as information for FreeBSD 5.4. Does that still hold
current for 9.1?

Is there an exhaustive list of all the modules that the all target
does/does not compile and - apart from mysql, postgresql - which of the
extra modules require which libraries?

I would set compile time options accordingly.

This would greatly facilitate my work!

Oliver Mahmoudi