[SR-Users] Best Practice for Routing Trusted Peers to PSTN

Tony Turner tony.turner at nodemax.com
Thu Jul 11 13:50:09 CEST 2013

Hi

I am fine with registered users sending and receiving calls from/to PSTN.

Now I route registered users calls to/from PSTN fine

Kamailailio<----->freeswitch<------------>IVR (PSTN)

Best Practice for routing Trusted peers (inbound) to IVR/PSTN (SIP Trunking
Service)

Trusted peer1  -----> Kamailio -----> freeswitch ------------> IVR (PSTN)

Where do I/ how do I route calls from trusted peers not to users but down to
PSTN IVR?

Say for example Trusted Peer 1 sends to my Kamailio IP
sip:398998xxxx at xx.xx.xx.xx:5060

As I add a Trusted peer I would like to add a route and insert prefix for
when it routes to freeswitch --->

Do I use carrier route or LCR  etc, I want to be able to add trusted peers
but add routes without editing the config file and restarting Kamailio.

The reason I ask is I'd prefer to do it correct method at the start as it's
a nightmare changing once I have lots of trusted peers.

Thank you

Tony Turner