[SR-Users] Sending CANCEL

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Thu Jul 4 09:42:30 CEST 2013

Ohh, that's gonna be tricky then.

Well, the thing is we want to do some kind of answer machine detection by catching the 181 SIP responses and CANCEL the dialogs. I've tested this with one of our suppliers and for the most mobile operators in this country a 181 response is given when the call is being forwarded to voicemail. For our purpose this covers roughly about 90% of all the calls. I know there are modules available for Asterisk and FreeSwitch which do AMD, but those consume too much resources.