[SR-Users] Installing Kamailio on EC2

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Mon Jul 1 15:24:42 CEST 2013

On 1 July 2013 12:22, Sunil Chandrasekharan <sunil.kainat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I could succesfully install Kamailio on Amazon EC2.
> I used a sample android application to register with user on Kamailio.
> Registration was succesful with UDP and TCP
>
> But using application to send IM between two users,
>
> a. I was able to send IM when on UDP
> b. When using TCP, i get Request Time out error.

Hi

This might be due to the fact that EC2 uses SNAT  to map the private IP
address of the actual instance to the public IP address clients use to
connect.

To get around this you should use the "advertise" parameter to the listen
directives, like:

listen=tcp:<your private IP address>:5060 advertise  <hostname or public IP
address>:5060
listen=udp:<your private IP address>:5060 advertise  <hostname or public IP
address>:5060

So, if your ip address (as shown by ifconfig) is 10.212.129.99 and your
external floating address is 107.22.60.14 you would do

listen=tcp:10.212.129.99:5060 advertise 107.22.60.14:5060
listen=udp:10.212.129.99:5060 advertise 107.22.60.14:5060

Hope this helps.

-Barry Flanagan

I dont know why i get 408 Request TIme out.