[SR-Users] Websockets WSS problem with NOTIFY

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Jan 24 10:53:11 CET 2013

Hi,

I've done some checking online and in the code.  The compressed bit is
defined in draft-ietf-hybi-permessage-compression and uses the RSV1 bit
from the WebSocket frame header.  As per RFC 6455 the Kamailio WebSocket
implementation is careful to leave RSV1, RSV2, and RSV3 with values of
0.

As this part of the code is identical for WS and WSS connections can you
confirm that it works correctly for WS?

Regards,

Peter

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 09:09 +0000, Peter Dunkley wrote:
> I shod also add that the Kamailio WebSocket implementation does not
> support any extensions.  So unless the deflate frame extension is
> implicit for TLS it will not be negotiated.  Further, the
> implementation does not set any compressed bits and all unused flags
> etc should be zeroed automatically - but I will look at the code
> later.
>

> Peter
>
> On 24 Jan 2013, at 09:05, Peter Dunkley
> <peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com> wrote:
>

> > I am not sure how to investigate this.  It sounds like it might be a
> > TLS related problem (or a WebSocket/TLS interworking problem in
> > Kamailio).  I don't know anything about the Kamailio TLS
> > implementation - I just drop WebSocket frames into it as required.
> >

> > I did do (a little) WSS testing and saw no problems myself.
> >

> > Regards,
> >

> > Peter
> >
> > On 23 Jan 2013, at 22:12, Pete Kelly <pkelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi, I am having an issue at the moment with SIP NOTIFY messages
> > > being sent from Kamailio (latest git master) over wss transport
> > >
> > > I am getting reports from the receiving end saying "Compressed bit
> > > must be 0 if no negotiated deflate-frame extension"
> > >
> > > The only reference I can find to it is at the following URL...
> > > where the problem was caused by the server miscalculating the size
> > > of the
> > > msg: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12308728/compressed-bit-must-be-0-when-sending-a-message-to-websocket-client
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could debug this
> > > within Kamailio? It sounds like Kamailio may be sending some
> > > incorrect packet information but I am unsure at this point.

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director
Crocodile RCS Ltd