[SR-Users] uac_replace_from / New URI shorter than old URI

Ronald Voermans r.voermans at global-datacenter.nl
Thu Feb 21 16:49:46 CET 2013

Hi,

this last weekend we went live from the old 3.0 version to the latest stable release of Kamailio (3,3,0). All went well, except for one issue. We make use of uac_replace_from in our config, in case a client needs CLIR: uac_replace_from("Anonymous","sip:anonymous at anonymous.invalid");

Since the upgrade we receive the following error:

uac [replace.c:521]: new URI shorter than old URI

Which causes the call to be disconnected after about 20/30 seconds. This, because the ACK is received by Kamailio, but cannot be 'linked' to the transaction i guess.

What is exactly causing this issue and, more importantly, is there any way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Ronald Voermans