[SR-Users] kamailioi is not relaying BYE message to UAC

willf1976 will.ferrer at switchsoft.com
Fri Dec 6 03:25:31 CET 2013

Hi All

For the record I inspected my issue further and it was not the exact same
issue as the initial poster after all.

I am using a dispatcher for load balancing and I had nat fix up running on
both the boxes in the path of the call. This was causing add_contact_alias
to be called on both the dispatcher box and the call processing box. This
made me end up with 2 aliases on the contact-- both the softphones outside
as an alias and the dispatchers outside. This was causing the carrier to
form the ruri of the bye message with both aliases and when the dispatcher
box saw this it tried to send the bye message to it's self instead of to the
soft phone (since it's own ip was in the ruri as an alias).

The contact looked like this: Contact: <sip:user@<softphone
inside>;alias=<dispatcher outside>~5060~1;alias=<softphone
outside>~5060~1>\\r\\n

So the bye message looked like this: BYE sip:user@<softphone
inside>;alias=<dispatcher outside>~5060~1;alias=<softphone outside>~5060~1
SIP/2.0\\r\\n

I had thought the carrier had messed up my ruri which is why I thought it
was the same issue but really it was one of my boxes messing up the contact.

I am posting my find in case any one else ends up with the same issue I had.

All the best.

Will Ferrer