[SR-Users] Server silently droping Bye message.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 09:48:15 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 8/29/13 5:24 PM, Helena Garcia-Nieto wrote:

> Thanks! Thank you very very much for your help.
>
> I'll add the ngrep next time!
>
> I'm absolutely new at kamailio and I'm doing the Subs on the main
> config file (/usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg) on the PSTN call
> detection route[PSTN] {:
>
> if(!($rU=~"^(\+|00)[1-9][0-9]{3,20}$"))
>
> return;
>
> # only local users allowed to call
>
> if(from_uri!=myself) {
>
> sl_send_reply("403", "Not Allowed");
>
> exit;
>
> }
>
> if (strempty($sel(cfg_get.pstn.gw_port))) {
>
> $ru = "sip:" + $rU + "@" + $sel(cfg_get.pstn.gw_ip);
>
> } else {
>
> $ru = "sip:" + $rU + "@" + $sel(cfg_get.pstn.gw_ip) + ":"
>
> + $sel(cfg_get.pstn.gw_port);
>
> }
>
> # modifications to acces env5
>
> subst_uri('/^sip:00(.*)/sip:\1/i'); #append delete the 00
>
> subst('/^Contact: (.*)>.*$/Contact: \1>/i');#delete the parameter that
> is anoying env5 on contact header
>
> And I cannot find the msg_apply_changes(); part on that file, can you
> tell me where I can better do the subs, in which file?

msg_apply_changes() is not used in default config file, you have to add
it yourself -- it is part of textopsx module which is loaded in default
config file -- see its readme for more details.

> I'm not actually moving the > just droping everything after it.

Better said, you remove the contact header and then add only the part up
to >, but the operations done inside are a bit different than people
would might expect, by using data lumps (if you search in mailing list
archive you can find more details).

> I'm sure there is a better option to change the contact header, would
> you have any suggestion?

You can give a try with:
subst_hf("Contact", ">.*$", ">");
but might result in same troubles, because alias parameter is added
after this operation. So you have to use msg_apply_changes(). But don't
forget to move the record_route() after msg_apply_changes().

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -