[SR-Users] Server silently droping Bye message.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 15:49:05 CEST 2013

ngrep output is preferred, because expanded wireshark has to much
garbage around actuall sip message content. If you have the wireshark
capture, then you can export pcap file and then use 'ngrep -qt -W byline
-I file.pcap' to get pure text format for sip messages (then replace
your ip addresses as needed).

Anyhow, for this case the problem resides in the contact header you send
out. The alias parameter has to be before the '>' but your subst() moves
the '>' after the initial contact uri, leaving the new parameter alias
out of URI itself, resulting in being a header parameter.

One solution is to do subst() before record_route() in the config and
after it execute:

msg_apply_changes();

On 8/29/13 3:31 PM, Helena Garcia-Nieto wrote:

> Sorry I thought I attached the complete trace, I captured it with
> wireshark on the server machine so I hope it is enough since you can
> see both sides.
>
> Yes I realized the alias is added on the invite from the Kamailio to
> the PSTN GW:
>
> Contact:
> <sip:AndroidAnumber at PrivateAndroidIP:35986;transport=tcp>;alias=PublicAndroidIP~35986~2
>
> but it is not present on the BYE the PSTNGW send back to kamailio.
>
> But kamailio has the information on the database, so I though it  may
> be able to send the message anyway.
>
> Thanks
>
> Helena

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Oct 21-24; Miami, Nov 11-13, 2013
   - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -