[SR-Users] multihomed Kamailio and enable_double_rr

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 10:59:42 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 8/21/13 10:36 AM, Steve Davies wrote:

> On 20 August 2013 18:49, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com
> <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I wanted to add such logic in default config for kamailio as well
>     (not mangle contact if not first proxy), but forgot about it, I'll
>     do it soon. There is a new function is_first_hop() in devel
>     version, for older version the solution is to store the number of
>     record-route  headers for request and compare with the number of
>     them in response.
>

> Hi Daniel,
>
> If you are going to work on the default config, note also that the
> rtpproxy_manage as is doesn't work properly if the rtpproxy is working
> in bridged mode on a multi-homed box.   Per Alex's advice and my
> experiments you need to to the rtpproxy_manage with "ie" or "ei" flags
> depending whether the request is inside->outside or outside->inside.
multi-homed/bridging networks is a custom installation, not the common
one and anyhow 'e', 'i' flags don't work automatically, they require to
know the order of listen interfaces provided to rtpproxy application as
well as conditions on local receiving sockets. Therefore I think it
doesn't belong to default config -- the case is documented in several
places, there are some examples in the rtpproxy module folder as well as
articles on the web.

We have the kamailio-advanced.cfg (installed as well and shipped in
packages), file that tries to collect as many features as people want to
add, if someone is interesting in adding a option for multihomed, it's
free to do it (ie., using some define condition such as WITH_MULTIHOMED).

On the other hand, peering with other voip networks (which can run a
proxy) is common and we actually allow that in the default config (calls
from local users to foreign networks and calls from foreign networks to
local users).