[SR-Users] Loose Routing with Cisco router

David Wilson dw at zaq.com.au
Thu Aug 15 05:22:14 CEST 2013

Alex,
Thanks.  It's good to know that it should work.

Daniel,
It's a 2811 running IOS 12.4(25g).

>> [a] ===> [kamailio] ===> [cisco] ===> [b]
This is exactly what I need.  I'm trying to modify the request at [kamailio] so that [cisco] forwards to [b].

Possible complication is that [cisco] is also configured as a voice gateway with a SIP trunk to an external provider and a Call manager on the inside.  However, this is independent SIP traffic that [cisco] appears to try to route according to voice rules.

I can get the call to proceed by adding a dial-peer to [cisco] config, but if I have understood loose-routing, that shouldn't be necessary.

I have tried several combinations of header and r-URI modifications to test [cisco]'s behaviour, including Route:[cisco];lr  but it still seems to respond to the r-uri in the way I initially described.

All the best,
Dave