[SR-Users] mediaproxy-ng Tutorial

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Apr 10 16:22:19 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 04/10/2013 02:54 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i consider it a bad idea to call the new media proxy mediaproxy-ng,
> because it gives impression that this is a new incarnation of ag projects
> mediaproxy that has existed for years.

mediaproxy-ng also exists for years (since 2007, prior to the redesign
of mediaproxy to become kernel based as well) and in fact was a
replacement of the relay part of the mediaproxy project. It used and
relied on the dispatcher-part and its control protocol of mediaproxy.

We additionally implemented support for the rtpproxy protocol in 2010 or
so (but never worked on adapting it to any newer mediaproxy control
protocols), and now it also supports a completely new control protocol
implemented in rtpproxy-ng.

So basically it evolved from replacing a part of the mediaproxy project
into a drop-in replacement of rtpproxy and since a few weeks could exist
on its own with the rtpproxy-ng module. It just never changed its name.

Andreas