[SR-Users] usrloc + multimaster replication

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Apr 8 10:52:35 CEST 2013

I know I'm revisiting a problem that has been discussed in multiple
threads from various angles, so I might be rightly accused of laziness
in neglecting to research them all.  All the same:

I have proxy1 and proxy2 writing to database A and database B,
respectively.  Database A and database B are active-active masters,
synchronised via some replication system attached to the underlying DB
technology.

The 'location' table is also replicated this way. We know that 'usrloc'
doesn't work so well with this: one instance of Kamailio will
periodically delete the other's contacts, even if they have a nonlocal
SIP domain.

Is there any db_mode that can be used (other than 0/purely in-memory) to
make this work right?  Or is that the essential problem that p_usrloc is
written to solve?

Thanks,

-- Alex

--