[SR-Users] Changing Domain in To URI

qmail at polarismail.com qmail at polarismail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:15:04 CEST 2013

Let me also explain a bit what I'm trying to fix through this method.

We have an Asterisk box that forwards call through kamailio to one of
our carriers. That works great. The calls are being forwarded with a
To of: 5551112222 at kamail1.domain.com  towards our carrier

We also added another kamailio 'load-balancer' (using dispatch module
) box in the middle of all this to try and eventually load balance the
calls. So the setup looks like this: Asterisk -> Kamailio Load
Balancer -> Kamailio gateway -> Carrier. The problem with this setup
is that now our carrier doesn't accept the calls and returns a 500 -
Internal error message. The only difference I saw is that the To in
the packets now look like this:
5551112222 at kamail-load-balance.domain.com

I'm thinking the carrier is blocking us based on not recognizing the
domain part in the URI and that's why I'm trying to change it. Does it
make sense ?

Quoting qmail at polarismail.com: