[SR-Users] mediaproxy-ng Tutorial

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Wed Apr 3 01:50:35 CEST 2013

On 04/02/13 17:39, aft wrote:

> So the bottom line is i have to include the code in both places.
>
> Another thing is i'm assuming you know much about the development of this media
> relay. So i'm asking, is there any plan for including "repacketization" feature?
>
> Its very crucial for our operation, so if there is no plan for it,
> then i wish to do it
> myself. Although i know nothing of its codebase, but if active developers help,
> i think i can do it.

Yes and no. Repacketization isn't a priority for us, but we do have
definitive plans on supporting other modifications to the RTP packets in
the near future, most notably bridging between different RTP profiles
(such as RTP to SRTP). Repacketization would fit in there well. However,
I can't give a time line for this, and I also can't tell yet if we want
to support these operations in kernel mode at all. The CPU time required
might make the additional CPU overhead of passing packets back and forth
between user space and kernel space negligible. Or it might not, it's
hard to tell at this point.

cheers