[SR-Users] mediaproxy-ng Tutorial

aft aftnix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:15:09 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Richard Fuchs <rfuchs at sipwise.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/01/13 10:03, Aft nix wrote:
>
>> I stumbled upon this git://github.com/sipwise/mediaproxy-ng.git which
>> looked very neat to me. Its said that it can be used with kamailio. It
>> seems like its backed sipwise inc.
>>
>> But no documentation is given there. Anyone know of a
>> tutorial/documentation for how to use it?
>
> It comes bundled with our NGCP product and is fully integrated there.
> Despite its name, it's intended to be used with the Kamailio rtpproxy
> module (not mediaproxy) and except for a few unsupported features (like
> media recording) it can be used as a drop-in replacement RTP proxy.

I have gone through the module documentation page of rtpproxy-ng in
sipwise's github tree.

My confusion is about the the mediaproxy-ng itself. There is nothing mentioned
in the README file.

https://github.com/aftnix/mediaproxy-ng/blob/master/README.md

So i was asking how to install mediaproxy-ng itself?

> The newest version supports a new control protocol, which is facilitated
> through a new Kamailio module rtpproxy-ng. For now, this module is a
> drop-in replacement for the old rtpproxy module and supports the same
> stuff, plus some ICE options. It's not included in the regular Kamailio
> git tree yet, but soon will be. In the meantime, the module is available
> from our github Kamailio tree.
>
> cheers

-aft