[SR-Users] mediaproxy-ng Tutorial

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Tue Apr 2 15:05:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 04/01/13 10:03, Aft nix wrote:

> I stumbled upon this git://github.com/sipwise/mediaproxy-ng.git which
> looked very neat to me. Its said that it can be used with kamailio. It
> seems like its backed sipwise inc.
>
> But no documentation is given there. Anyone know of a
> tutorial/documentation for how to use it?

It comes bundled with our NGCP product and is fully integrated there.
Despite its name, it's intended to be used with the Kamailio rtpproxy
module (not mediaproxy) and except for a few unsupported features (like
media recording) it can be used as a drop-in replacement RTP proxy.

The newest version supports a new control protocol, which is facilitated
through a new Kamailio module rtpproxy-ng. For now, this module is a
drop-in replacement for the old rtpproxy module and supports the same
stuff, plus some ICE options. It's not included in the regular Kamailio
git tree yet, but soon will be. In the meantime, the module is available
from our github Kamailio tree.

cheers