[SR-Users] kamailio workers and private memory

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:05:07 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 9/23/12 11:18 AM, Uri Shacked wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use "kamctl sercmd pkg.stats" to check the private memory status.
>
> I notice that the workers for the proccess "slow timer", "timer", "MI
> FIFO", use a lot of memory.
>
> My system configuration does "mt_reload" for around 5 million lines
> every hour, it looks like in time, the pkg memory of the workers above
> is growing......
>
> I set the private memory to 16M instead of 4M. Now the used size(after
> 3 weeks) is 4M.
>
> I will upgrade to 3.3.0 soon and will use mem_join=1, will it help the
> private memory defrag as well?

yes, it should help.

> How can I increase the number of workers for these processes? Will it
> help increasing it if possible?

These are dedicated workers and cannot have more processes. 4MB used is
quite ok when dealing with lot of records and traffic.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat
Kamailio Advanced Training, Miami, USA, Nov 12-14, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu