[SR-Users] kamailio workers and private memory

Uri Shacked ushacked at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 11:18:00 CEST 2012

Hi,

I use "kamctl sercmd pkg.stats" to check the private memory status.

I notice that the workers for the proccess "slow timer", "timer", "MI
FIFO", use a lot of memory.

My system configuration does "mt_reload" for around 5 million lines every
hour, it looks like in time, the pkg memory of the workers above is
growing......

I set the private memory to 16M instead of 4M. Now the used size  (after 3
weeks)  is 4M.

I will upgrade to 3.3.0 soon and will use mem_join=1, will it help the
private memory defrag as well?

How can I increase the number of workers for these processes? Will it help
increasing it if possible?

BR,

Uri