[SR-Users] Port change 5060

Mon Sep 17 11:25:34 CEST 2012

On 17.09.2012 09:08, Vijay Thakur wrote:
> All Experts,
>
> I want to change my SIP port from 5060 for other one. Before making any
> change in my live server (Kamailio 3.2.1, i want to be sure.
> Kindly suggest me that where should i make changes to implement it. This
> is a security measure for kamailio from port scanning.

This is just "security by obscurity" and of course your SIP proxy
configuration must be secure to handle such scanning attacks.

Nevertheless these scans are annoying and using a non-default port is a
good practice. You can change the port easily with the "listen"
directive, see http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/3.3.x/core#listen

Further, this snippet at the beginning of your config may help too:

         # ignore requests generated by sipvicious
         if ($ua == "friendly-scanner") {
                 exit;
         }

regards