[SR-Users] Max-Forwards: and loops. Testing purpose.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:05:19 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 9/11/12 1:12 PM, Anton Kvashenkin wrote:
> Hi, List.
>
> I'm using sipsak to fire some predefined sip message with
> Max-Forwards: header equal 0 to test mf_process_maxfwd_header
> function. I'm doing this exclusively for learning purpose. As far as
> we know, this exported function from maxfwd module services only for
> adding Max-Forwards header, decrement or detect Max-Forwards: 0 header
> to prevent loops. So, my question guys, how can I create this loop in
> my lab, with two proxies for example? What message should I craft?
what kind of message are you looking to craft?

Looping from one proxy to another can be achieved with t_relay("_the
other proxy address_") function from tm module.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat
Kamailio Advanced Training, Miami, USA, Nov 12-14, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu