[SR-Users] ip address fields

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Oct 22 21:01:26 CEST 2012

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> many times the management system sits between chair and keyboard :-) ,
> being able to read/add human representation is really crucial in this
> case.

leaving out square brackets, which are not specified in ipv6 address
rfc, should not be an overwhelming task for any address writer.

> All modules should support all variants if they use the ipv6 address
> parser from core. The functionality related to address checking from
> permissions module does it for sure, I have no idea if lcr implements
> custom parser. I think trusted from permissions has an issue, iirc,
> because the comparison was done via string comparison --not using it I
> am not sure if anyone change it.

lcr module uses str2ipv6 from core that does not support embedded
ipv4 format.  if it is not supported by core, it doesn't make sense to
support them in tables either.

-- juha