[SR-Users] rtpproxy delete fails

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Fri Oct 19 16:45:57 CEST 2012

Hi,

While I can't really answer your question, the logic in mediaproxy-ng is
that if the to-tag is given in the "D"elete message, it has to match the
to-tag that was previously given in the "L"ookup message alongside with
the from-tag. If no to-tag is given in the delete message, then only the
from-tag is used for matching.

If no lookup was ever performed, then mediaproxy obviously has no way of
knowing the to-tag and so can't match on it. In that case, only the
from-tag should be given in the delete message.

I suppose it could make sense to change mediaproxy's behaviour to ignore
the to-tag given in the delete message if it hadn't received a lookup
for that particular branch yet. Although right off the bat I'm not 100%
certain if that would be correct behaviour or if there might be some
undesired side effects to that...

The ";1" is the sequence number of the media stream within the call. If
more than one stream is present, you'll see ";1", ";2" and so on.

cheers