[SR-Users] Websocket with Kamailio 3.2.2 release

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Tue Nov 27 01:29:15 CET 2012

Hello,

This issue has come up a lot before.  SIP over WebSocket is a signalling
protocol, the SDP (carried in the SIP requests) describes the media
profile/capabilities of each user agent.

In the case of a WebSocket connection from a browser (using WebRTC for
media) the media profile will be RTP/SAVPF.  However, most clients do not
support this profile, most clients just support RTP/AVP.

This means that, while SIP between your browser and client through
Kamailio will work (and is working here), you are not going to be able to
establish media sessions unless the client supports RTP/SAVPF.

The only clients that I know of which support RTP/SAVPF are the ones from
Doubango.

Regards,

Peter

Peter Dunkley