[SR-Users] Kamailio-Java Integration

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Nov 25 00:04:51 CET 2012

On 11/24/2012 05:57 PM, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> I don't want to start language holy war, but I can't accept a
> programming language which has operator "new", but doesn't provide
> operator "delete". Garbage collection? Yes, it runs from time to
> time. Usually at the worst moments of time when precious CPU cycles
> are vital to run actual business logic code.

That is certainly true, and I share your distaste for the lack of manual
memory management.  If good performance and throughput were the primary
concern, I'd much prefer to write something like this in C[++].

However, the original poster asked about integrating with Java, and I
feel we should strive to answer the question as posed.  If the question
is absurd enough, it's sometimes okay to tell people, "You're simply
doing it wrong," but my point is that Java isn't _that_ absurd.  And
regardless of what we think, it will persist in the enterprise space as
the go-to software engineering ecosystem for the time being.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC