[SR-Users] Kamailio [No Audio]

Fred Flintsone fredyabbadabba54 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 21:40:10 CEST 2012

I am attempting to route local registered users to local registered users
without going to the media server.  I have a media server [*] for PSTN.
 But it doesn't support all the CODECS i wan't to use.  Signalling seems
fine, but i get NO AUDIO on either call leg.  I have the RTP captures from
the local side making the call and the media packets seem to be going
exactly where the SDP dictates.  So i'm a little confused.  Is this where
an RTP Proxy would come in handy?  I haven't been able to get the audio to
work without going to the media server.

If an RTP Proxy is the answer, how much overhead does the proxy add to the
Kamailio server?
Is it something that you don't run on the same machine and use a
distributed environment of RTP proxies on other servers?

Or is this something that should be fine and working without a media proxy?

I really appreciate any help!

Thank you,

Fred