[SR-Users] siptrace port number error

Alexandr Dubovikov aduvoip at googlemail.com
Sun May 6 21:53:16 CEST 2012

Hi Reda,

5/6/2012 4:56 PM, Reda Aouad wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thank you for the fix. Just upgraded to Kamailio 3.3 and now Kamailio
> starts without the previous error. Can this be backported to version 3.2?

It was not my fix :-)

  you can just use the sipcapture module from 3.3 together with 3.2,
just recompile.

> Bu the problem is still not solved. Although Kamailio starts, I get
> now a runtime error.
> ERROR: sipcapture [sipcapture.c:675]: ERROR:
> sipcapture:hep_msg_received:  unsupported family [71]

"unsupported family" says: this packet is not HEP.

> This is my config running NODE and AGENT on same server:
>
> --------------------------------
> listen=udp:10.238.235.173:53 <http://10.238.235.173:53>
> listen=udp:127.0.0.1:9060 <http://127.0.0.1:9060>
>
> modparam("sipcapture", "db_url", "mysql://homer:homer@localhost/homer")
> modparam("sipcapture", "capture_on", 1)
> modparam("sipcapture", "capture_node", "homer01")
> modparam("sipcapture", "hep_capture_on", 1)
>
> modparam("siptrace", "traced_user_avp", "$avp(s:traced_user)")
> modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
> modparam("siptrace", "trace_flag", FLD_TRACE)
> modparam("siptrace", "duplicate_uri", "sip:127.0.0.1:9060
> <http://127.0.0.1:9060>")
> modparam("siptrace", "hep_mode_on", 1)
> modparam("siptrace", "trace_to_database", 0)
>
> request_route {
>     setflag(FLD_TRACE);
>     sip_capture();
> }
> --------------------------------
>
> It seems sipcapture is listening on both eth0 and loopback interfaces,
> and when it detects packets not encapsulated using HEP on eth0
> (requests from SIP clients), it gives the error above.

kamailio is listening on the both interfaces, not sipcapture self.

> Is there a way to tell sipcapture to bind only on one interface using
> HEP mode? It seems impossible for now to run NODE and AGENT on the
> same server using HEP mode...

you can make a trick, check in hep_msg_recieved() a destination port of
the receive_info structure

something like this:

ri = (struct receive_info *)srevp[2];

if(ri->dst_port != 9060) return -1;