[SR-Users] Kamailio LDAP integration

Saul Waizer saulwaizer at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:47:01 CEST 2012

Hello List,

I am trying to incorporate an existing LDAP directory with our Kamailio
installation for SIP authentication. A good friend suggested to checkout
this tutorial and adapt it to fit my needs (and current version)

http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/tutorials:openser-auth-ldap

It seems like the AUTH module does not contain the function username_spec
(which I believe is not used anymore) but the username_avp_spec which is
not part of the AUTH module but the H350 module
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/modules_k/h350.html

I enabled the h350 module and tried setting the params as described in the
documentation:

modparam("auth", "username_spec", "$avp(s:username)")
modparam("auth", "password_spec", "$avp(s:password)")
modparam("auth", "calculate_ha1", 1)

I got the following error after checking the configuration:

ERROR: <core> [modparam.c:151]: set_mod_param_regex: parameter
<username_spec> not found in module <auth>

I am running kamailio 3.2.3 (i386/linux) Ubuntu

Thank you in advance!