[SR-Users] add_contact_alias and handle_ruri_alias vs fix_nated_contact

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat Mar 17 11:56:15 CET 2012

Klaus Darilion writes:

> They achieve both the same. I don't remember the problems anymore which
> caused add_contact_alias() to be implemented. IIRC I think it was that
> some clients did not put "transport=tcp" into the Contact header and
> thus the fix_anted_contact missed the transport - add_contact_alias
> always adds the transport protocol. But that is just a guess, I may be
> wrong.

the main reason why i implemented those two functions was to assure that
request uri in in-dialog requests is always correct.  regarding tcp
connection reuse, i don't remember why i wrote about that in the
tutorial.  perhaps i was just mislead by the name of fix_nated_contact()
function that is incorrect.  i just checked and the function has nothing
to do with nated contacts.

-- juha