[SR-Users] [kamailio 3.1.2] timer issue

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:41:14 CET 2012

Hello,

On 3/16/12 2:52 PM, Ravi DHIRAJLAL wrote:
> Hi Daniel
>
> we've installed kamailio 3.1.2 but we have a problem in some type of
> calls towards IVR machine :
>
> an INVITE is replied after a few seconds by 183 session progress
> starting from that 183, the caller hears a (waiting) message and can
> choose between several options by sending DTMF tones, like voicemail
> consulting. the
> the 183 is sent by far end at 1min interval during the waiting. all
> 183 are forwarded to the caller
> the waiting time can last long, after which a human operator answers
> the call and  a 200 ok is replied.
> but i noticed that after receiving a total of 3 183 session progress,
> (so 2mins from initial INVITE), then 1 more minute, kamailio sends a
> 408 timeout to the caller and cancel towards callee. so the calls is
> hanged up after 3 mins, that means the caller can't wait more than 3mins.
>
> i already tried all timers like fr_timer, fr_inv_timer,
> max_inv_lifetime, restart_fr_on_each_reply...
> but long waiting calls are automatically hanged up at 3mins.
>
> i read an old post at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.kamailio.org/msg04711.html
> in which you send a patch to apply
>
> i'd like to know if you have a clue to this problem. do you have a
> same patch for 3.1.2 ?

first, it is recommended to run latest stable in a stable series, in
your case is 3.1.5, to be sure you don't face a bug which was already
fixed. Overall, I would recommend you run the latest 3.2.x, it is the
most recent stable and the most actively maintained.

Then, the thread you are referring it to the archive is for 1.5, does
not apply anymore to 3.x -- also, iirc, it was a revert of a previous patch.

Can you set debug=3 and send the log messages?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/