[SR-Users] [kamailio 3.1.2] timer issue

Ravi DHIRAJLAL ravi at imap.mobius.fr
Fri Mar 16 14:52:04 CET 2012

Hi Daniel

we've installed kamailio 3.1.2 but we have a problem in some type of
calls towards IVR machine :

an INVITE is replied after a few seconds by 183 session progress
starting from that 183, the caller hears a (waiting) message and can
choose between several options by sending DTMF tones, like voicemail
consulting. the
the 183 is sent by far end at 1min interval during the waiting. all 183
are forwarded to the caller
the waiting time can last long, after which a human operator answers the
call and  a 200 ok is replied.
but i noticed that after receiving a total of 3 183 session progress,
(so 2mins from initial INVITE), then 1 more minute, kamailio sends a 408
timeout to the caller and cancel towards callee. so the calls is hanged
up after 3 mins, that means the caller can't wait more than 3mins.

i already tried all timers like fr_timer, fr_inv_timer,
max_inv_lifetime, restart_fr_on_each_reply...
but long waiting calls are automatically hanged up at 3mins.

i read an old post at
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.kamailio.org/msg04711.html
in which you send a patch to apply

i'd like to know if you have a clue to this problem. do you have a same
patch for 3.1.2 ?

thank you very much

best regards