[SR-Users] Proxy Registrations offset port

Fri Mar 9 16:51:00 CET 2012

This setup is possible with Kamailio, Opensips, whatever.

First, the problem is not that you receive the message an port 8080.
Even if you receive on 5060 and forward the request you will have problems.

This is a typical load-balancer/outboundproxy setup and there is no
common solution for proper routing.

version 1: use the "Path" extension, if your "VoIP plattform" supports it.

version 2: depending on if the "voip plattform" does NAT traversal or
not, you may have to rewrite the contact header when forwarding requests
to the VoIP plattform, and in the other direction.

Thus, use ngrep/wireshark to analyse the message flow. Take a look at
the IP addresses in Route/Contact and R-URI. Then fix it where it is wrong.

regards
Klaus