[SR-Users] High availability design with Kamailio

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Jun 11 12:32:48 CEST 2012

Hi Carel,

this is a rather complex question with no simple yes or no answer.
You can use the dialog module with no "in-memory" storage of dialog
data and leave it to the database to do the replication. I think
postgres has Multi-Master Replication, i am not sure about MySQL.
At a major german telco operator, we did something similar: We had two
servers, both with different addresses and an Alias for the other
server. In that case, we had two loadbalancers (logically one in a HA
setup) in front, who would do the failover in case. Worked fine.

Carsten

2012/6/5 Reinhard, Carel (GD) <Carel.Reinhard at srgssr.ch>:
> Dear all, hope to get some information from you guys!
>

> For a redundant service we have to build up SIP proxy/registrar server in a
> high available scenario. Therefore, we will have 2 SIP proxy/registrar on
> two completely independent servers. They should be SIP dialog stateful and
> replicate all the session/call states between each other. If one server
> fails, the other should have all the SIP dialog information for call
> handling and accounting. How can this done in a stable and reliable way? Is
> this feature mature enough to support enterprise requirements?
>
> The only information I have is to build it up with the DISPATCHER module,
> but it seems more to be a stateless load-balancer instead of a HA module.
>

> Who has experience with HA failover designs with Kamailio and can give me
> some hints?
>

> Thank you very much in advance
>
> Kind regards
>
> Carel
>

> Carel Reinhard
> Security and VoIP Engineer
>

> SRG SSR Switzerland
>
> Telefon direkt      +41 31 350 94 07
>
> Carel.Reinhard at srgssr.ch

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Schomburgstr. 80
D-22767 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Mobile +49 179 2021244
Office +49 40 34927219
Fax +49 40 34927220

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/