[SR-Users] High availability design with Kamailio

Reinhard, Carel (GD) Carel.Reinhard at srgssr.ch
Tue Jun 5 11:47:51 CEST 2012

Dear all, hope to get some information from you guys!

For a redundant service we have to build up SIP proxy/registrar server in a high available scenario. Therefore, we will have 2 SIP proxy/registrar on two completely independent servers. They should be SIP dialog stateful and replicate all the session/call states between each other. If one server fails, the other should have all the SIP dialog information for call handling and accounting. How can this done in a stable and reliable way? Is this feature mature enough to support enterprise requirements?
The only information I have is to build it up with the DISPATCHER module, but it seems more to be a stateless load-balancer instead of a HA module.

Who has experience with HA failover designs with Kamailio and can give me some hints?

Thank you very much in advance
Kind regards
Carel

Carel Reinhard