[SR-Users] Looking for RTP Proxy in TCP

Yang Hong yang_hong at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 00:35:45 CEST 2012

Hello. SIP over TCP would reduce server performance significantly when compared with SIP Over UDP. Please read the following two papers. Combining RTP proxy with SIP over TCP would degrade SIP server performance even worse.
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/papers/Shen1008_TLS.pdf  The Impact of TLS on SIP Server Performance "Securing SIP is accomplished by using TLS instead of UDP as the transport protocol. We show that using TLS can reduce performance by up to a factor of 17 compared to the typical case of SIP-over-UDP."
"Network operators considering deploying SIP over TLS will need to consider the extra resources required to provide the same service quality as would be the case with UDP."
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/nossdav/2007/files/file-27-session5-paper1-nahum.pdf Evaluating SIP Proxy Server Performance "The next most signicant performance feature is which transport protocol is used, TCP or UDP. Using TCP can reduce performance anywhere from 43 percent (the stateful proxying scenario with authentication) to 65 percent (state-less proxying without authentication).
Best regards, Yang> Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:36:39 +0200