[SR-Users] Looking for RTP Proxy in TCP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 13:36:39 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 6/4/12 7:14 PM, Austin Einter wrote:
> Hi All
> Now I am using Kamailio 3.1.5 and RTP proxy 1.1.
> Looks both are compatible and working fine.
>
> The RTP Proxy basically sends/receives RTP packets over UDP.
> Is there any RTP Proxy available that does send/receive of RTP packets
> over TCP and also should be compatible with Kamailio 3.1.5.
>
> If you have any information in this regard, kindly share.
RTP itself is specified over UDP, also I am not aware of any SIP phone
doing RTP over TCP.

MSRP is a mechanism specified for sending message streams over TCP, we
have a module for that, but I guess is not exactly what you are looking for:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/msrp.html

Maybe based on it you can implement one that fits your needs.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw