[SR-Users] Dialogs not removed from memory, and occasionally persistent in DB as well

Timo Reimann sr at foo-lounge.de
Tue Jan 31 14:06:47 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 31.01.2012 um 11:32 schrieb Marius Pedersen:

> On 01/31/2012 09:11 AM, Øyvind Kolbu wrote:
>> On 2012-01-20 at 23:32, Timo Reimann wrote:
>>
>> Hi and sorry for the late response!
>>
>>> Another possible root cause: After calling dlg_manage() on an INVITE, you
>>> do not forward the request (e.g., by calling exit() instead). Could that
>>> be the case? If so, the solution would be (again) to defer dialog
>>> tracking unless you're sure the INVITE will be routed.
>>
>> Thanks, this was indeed at least the main problem! We have no replaced a
>> lot of sl_send_reply("123", "message") with t_newtran() +
>> t_reply("123","message") before exit(), and that solved most of the hanging
>> dialogs. These were by the way hanging in state 1.
>>
>>> If not, the last thing I can think of to try is to do some tracing (using
>>> ngrep or tcpdump, for example) and attempt to catch a dialog that
>>> dangles. If you succeed at that, analyzing the trace will probably help
>>> in determining the issue.
>>
>> We still have a few calls, probably one to two a day, which get stuck in
>> state 4. They have proper INVITE, 200 OK and later BYE. We have tracked
>> the problem down to that once in a while Asterisk, our bridge to PSTN,
>> issues double INVITEs at the extact same time for the same call and in this
>> case there seem to be a race within Kamailio. The call is properly setup
>> and termitated, but the entry is still in the dialog table.
>>
>> Any ideas how to cope with the double INVITEs? We do btw use
>> dlg_match_mode = 1, as we used that in Kamailio 1.5 and that worked like a
>> charm. Have not tested altering it to either 0 or 2.
>>

> Some extra information:
>
> We also still get some dialogs stuck in state 1 when we see these double invites (but the call is not set up due to busy, hang-up etc).
>
> For these events we also (always?) see one or more of these messages in the logs:
>
> CRITICAL: dialog [dlg_hash.c:650]: bogus event 6 in state 1 for dlg 0xb5e88dc4 [2445:97666510] with clid '2adcd4b23355a3aa3a4ae5a73fe72631 at pstn-gateway-ip' and tags 'as485e20a7' ''
>
> CRITICAL: dialog [dlg_hash.c:650]: bogus event 7 in state 1 for dlg 0xb5e88dc4 [2445:97666510] with clid '2adcd4b23355a3aa3a4ae5a73fe72631 at pstn-gateway-ip' and tags 'as485e20a7' ''
>
> Also sometimes event 8.
>
> This happens to a very small minority of calls (<1% I'd guess).

I'm currently in the process of investigating a dialog-related issue together with Uri (see CC). It may be related to your problem, so let's see if I can find something out that helps you as well. If not, I/we should take a dedicated look at your case.

Unfortunately, I'm currently short on time so I cannot give any guarantees as to when I'll find the time to get to these dialog-related things. I promise to get back to you folks ASAP though, so please hang on.

Cheers,

--Timo