[SR-Users] Dialogs not removed from memory, and occasionally persistent in DB as well

Marius Pedersen marius.pedersen at usit.uio.no
Tue Jan 31 11:32:06 CET 2012

On 01/31/2012 09:11 AM, Øyvind Kolbu wrote:
> On 2012-01-20 at 23:32, Timo Reimann wrote:
>
> Hi and sorry for the late response!
>
>> Another possible root cause: After calling dlg_manage() on an INVITE, you
>> do not forward the request (e.g., by calling exit() instead). Could that
>> be the case? If so, the solution would be (again) to defer dialog
>> tracking unless you're sure the INVITE will be routed.
>
> Thanks, this was indeed at least the main problem! We have no replaced a
> lot of sl_send_reply("123", "message") with t_newtran() +
> t_reply("123","message") before exit(), and that solved most of the hanging
> dialogs. These were by the way hanging in state 1.
>
>> If not, the last thing I can think of to try is to do some tracing (using
>> ngrep or tcpdump, for example) and attempt to catch a dialog that
>> dangles. If you succeed at that, analyzing the trace will probably help
>> in determining the issue.
>
> We still have a few calls, probably one to two a day, which get stuck in
> state 4. They have proper INVITE, 200 OK and later BYE. We have tracked
> the problem down to that once in a while Asterisk, our bridge to PSTN,
> issues double INVITEs at the extact same time for the same call and in this
> case there seem to be a race within Kamailio. The call is properly setup
> and termitated, but the entry is still in the dialog table.
>
> Any ideas how to cope with the double INVITEs? We do btw use
> dlg_match_mode = 1, as we used that in Kamailio 1.5 and that worked like a
> charm. Have not tested altering it to either 0 or 2.

Some extra information:

We also still get some dialogs stuck in state 1 when we see these double
invites (but the call is not set up due to busy, hang-up etc).

For these events we also (always?) see one or more of these messages in
the logs:

CRITICAL: dialog [dlg_hash.c:650]: bogus event 6 in state 1 for dlg
0xb5e88dc4 [2445:97666510] with clid
'2adcd4b23355a3aa3a4ae5a73fe72631 at pstn-gateway-ip' and tags 'as485e20a7' ''

CRITICAL: dialog [dlg_hash.c:650]: bogus event 7 in state 1 for dlg
0xb5e88dc4 [2445:97666510] with clid
'2adcd4b23355a3aa3a4ae5a73fe72631 at pstn-gateway-ip' and tags 'as485e20a7' ''

Also sometimes event 8.

This happens to a very small minority of calls (<1% I'd guess).

Best regards,
Marius Pedersen