[SR-Users] [newbie] questions

Me mojo1736 at privatedemail.net
Tue Jan 31 01:13:20 CET 2012

> It's not a smart-arse reply; it's sincere, earnest advice.
Really?! Perhaps you could explain to me how exactly is the "you should
get a consultant" comment on a routine set of questions I posted on a
mailing list created for that very purpose - for Kamailio users like
myself - anything other than a smart-arse reply?

Does it answer any of my queries? No!
Is it helping me in any way, shape or form? No (do you seriously think I
haven't really thought of "getting a consultant" before posting my
queries on this mailing list?)!
Does it provide any insight or fresh ideas on either what I want to
achieve or the difficulties I am facing, given the problems I described
earlier? No!
Does it contribute anything to the discussion on this mailing list,
apart from wasting my own time and bandwidth so that I have to enlighten
smart sparks like the previous poster as well as yourself? No!

>   There's only so much of a massive conceptual nexus that people can reasonably traverse on a mailing list.  For the most part, mailing lists exist to answer specific questions, not provide broad, fundamental guidance or extensive pedagogical surveys.

I didn't ask for "fundamental guidance" or "pedagogical surveys". I
asked to be pointed in the right direction where I could get (further)
help. I did not force anyone to answer, let alone come up with "gems"
like the one I commented on in my previous post.

I'd say it again though - this thread is for me to seek
answers/advice/help/guidance - if you, the previous poster, or anyone
else for that matter is unwilling or unable to provide one, then just
move along - there is nothing to see here. Smart-arse comments like "get
a consultant" isn't what I am looking for, nor is the reason for
starting this thread on this mailing list.