[SR-Users] Registrar ignoring socket

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 18:50:57 CET 2012

Hi,

Can you copy/paste the error message here. I've recently made kamailio work
with floating IP(Heartbeat) and I was having similar issue but then I
resolved due to help from community memebrs here.
This is how I made kamailio work with floating IP.
in */etc/sysctl.conf* file insert this line
*net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1*
on console execute "*sysctl -p*"

Then on my linux server I had to explicitly set the routes to use the
Floating IP interface(s) as default
*route add -net 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth0:0*

Where eth0:0 was the virtual IP interface for that particular subnet.

After that all I had to do was change the listen=192.168.2.15 field on my
kamailio server where 192.168.2.15 was floating IP on interface eth0:0

restart kamailio and you shouldn't be receiving this error.

Regards,
Sammy